Thursday 2 August 2007

Getting started

Welcome to my blog about my preparations to run the 2007 New York City Marathon.



As some of you will be aware, my daughter Ruth was admitted to Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin in Dublin, Ireland last November when she was just 2 days old. She underwent 3 cardiac related surgeries and spent the first three months of her life being cared for by a remarkable team of staff.

On November 4th 2007 I am running the New York City Marathon in aid of Our Lady's Hospital in order to raise much needed funds which will be directed towards various medical research projects and the purchase of medically necessary equipment which will enhance the care of their little patients.

If you would like to contribute you can pledge a contribution by clicking on the link below:

http://www.donationpoint.ie/Event/Event.aspx?idEvent=101

or if you would like to donate via PayPal, send us your pledge to run4crumlin@gmail.com

Finally , I have to stress that I am paying all my own expenses relating to the marathon (flights, accommodation, race entry etc). Therefore, all monies raised will go directly to Our Lady's Hospital, Crumlin.

I look forward to your support.

Thanks, Niall G

No comments: